Stove League: The first and probably the last drama I'll watch

 I have always avoided watching dramas. Not because they were no fun, but because as a busy student, I had no time watching those dramas. The dramas that people were talking about were always on air when I was in academies, and since there are many episodes in a drama, it takes quite a lot of time to watch the many episodes in one go. A 2 hour movie is much more efficient and equal in entertainment compared with those famous dramas.

 The first drama I tried watching from start to end was 'Goblin,' almost 2 years after its first appearance on screen. I was able to start watching 'Goblin' since there was more spare time than I expected during the summer session last year. Unfortunately, summer session ended before I could finish the 16 episodes. After summer session, it wasn't easy to spare some time, and I had to stop at episode 11. Sure, if I wanted to watch the remaining episodes, I could have, but I may haven't gotten as entertained as everyone else, or maybe there were too many short clips on Youtube that were more an easier reach. Either reason, I don't get the feeling to watch the remaining 5 episodes.

스토브리그 이미지 검색결과

 Suddenly, one drama came fluttering into the student's eyes that were not associated with the short, but long web-videos. The student had heard of this drama, since it was a famous drama among people, especially baseball fans. He had seen some pictures of the drama scenes in Facebook, not exactly knowing what it was. He first thought that "Dreams" was a team in Australia, knowing that some players in Korea were going to the Australian league for the time being. It turns out, "Dreams" was the main team in this drama called 'Stove League.' A few days later, after skimming through Youtube and figuring out there were no videos that caught his interest, started watching 'Stove League' out of curiosity. He smiles. It's great fun.

 There are many reasons why I think 'Stove League' is a lot of fun. First, the story roles on quite fast. Several problems are solved in one episode, other problems and obstacles make way in the same episode. There is no delaying, and that makes the drama more exciting and absorbing. Second, perfect casting. Each actor plays his/her role excellently. There are no idols who are cast just because of their fame, and it feels as if every actor absorbs their character perfectly. Third, the drama is about baseball, the most famous sport in Korea, besides foreign soccer. A drama about baseball might get the peoples' interest at first, but what made the people stay and wait for the next episode? The drama is based about the team's front. Rolling out the story with how the team's front is working to rebuild the team. Much more than just trying to rebuilding the team, the drama also plays out the complex rivalry between the CEO of the company that owns the baseball team(but wants to get rid of it because of deficits) and the leader of the team's work front.

스토브리그 이미지 검색결과

 The drama will be a total of 16 episodes, 15 aired until today, and I have watched all 15 of those episodes. Surprising, considering that I dislike watching dramas, although I do believe I won't be watching another drama any time sooner. No dramas that catch my interest and I have Suneung on the way.

댓글

가장 많이 본 글