My Personality

   I have never really written about my personality for others to read and I thought right now would be a good opportunity. Suddenly talking about my personality out of the blue? Well, it suddenly occurred to me when I was skimming through YouTube and saw a video about people's personalities, and thought I would like friends and teachers to know how I feel about my 'nature.'

   Some friends have told me that I am 'too' kind. Probably because I hide my frustration and don't swear.

   I believe my 'dislike' of talking at all times is the source of hiding my frustration. I do not mean that I hate talking, it's just that sometimes, I do not feel the need. I also worry about hurting others' feelings when complaining. I know it is a petty worry, but I can't help it. Of course, it would be nice if I speak up when I feel frustrated. I do feel the need, but first I find ways if there are ways if I 'sacrifice' myself a little bit to avoid 'unneeded' talk and possibly conflict. For example, my roommate always turns on music out loud when studying in the dormitory. It is quite disturbing sometimes, but before requesting for a smaller volume, I put on my puffy headphones and turn on gentle classic (just for when studying). 

   Swearing just isn't my taste; words that I can't say out. I do not know what is the root of my dis-ease of swearing, but because of this dis-ease, I have never sworn for my whole life. I do believe it is because again, I do not feel the need to swear. Of course, there are times when one swear word is more effective mentally than just fuming. However, never experiencing a swear word rolling on my tongue for almost 17 years, it seems my brain has decided to not experience it any sooner. 



  호의가 계속되면 그게 권리인줄 알아요에 대한 이미지 검색결과

   In my character, the biggest concern I'm probably having right now is that others might use the advantage of my personality. There is a famous saying in Korea, "If you constantly do favors for someone, they begin to think they are entitled to it." (호의가 계속되면 그게 권리인줄 알아요, continued hospitality can be mistaken for a given right) Luckily, I do not remember encountering people thinking it's their right to the actions of my goodwill, and I hope I will never meet those kinds of egoistic people.

댓글

  1. Really good post. Great quote. I admire people who manage to go through life without swearing. As I have a young son at home, I try to control it and use different words. Swearing is definitely not "cool" and finding creative ways to do it ("What the snap!" or "Fudging Fudgicles!") is kind of fun.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

가장 많이 본 글